Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? Mexican couple disagrees on babies -- "You've Got This (Ahí te Encargo)"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Colorless "BLACKPINK: Light Up the Sky," and don't have much to say
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Movie Review: A clever Canadian whodunit with a burnout who used to be "The Kid Detective"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 1, 2014
The superhuman efforts director Joe Johnston made to persuade Chris Evans to re-enlist in the comic book movie universe as “Captain America” pay more dividends in “Captain America: The Winter Soldier.” Evans, that perfect specimen of American manhood, really sells … Continue reading
In the cinema, nothing is more legendary than a movie that never got made. We’ll never know what Orson Welles’ “Don Quixote” or “Dead Calm” would have been. We’ll never see Stanley Kubrick’s “Napoleon.” But these films, limited only by … Continue reading
At 41, moviegoers think they know what they’re getting when they see Jude Law’s name in the opening credits. A tabloid darling, the “Aflie” of his generation, Law’s screen presence is summed up by British critic Brian Viner thusly.“Best suited … Continue reading
Dom Hemingway doesn’t so much converse as rant — long, colorful, creative tirades that seem to run through the entire Cockney vocabulary he polished while in prison. He rants about the guy who married the wife who divorced him, about … Continue reading