Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Movie Review: A Pinkerton hunts Confederate war criminals in the Old West in "Badland"
- General Bonner Fellers, the "hero" of the WWII drama "Emperor"?
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Rom-com "Surprise Me!" is not what one expects
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "Greater" is less than the sum of its jumbled up parts
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? "Awake" is a thriller that snoozes too long for its own good
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 11, 2014
In the ’80s, when he was a young lad, Bruce heard the siren’s call. More likely, it was Gloria Estefan’s call. The “rhythm is gonna getcha,” and it did. As a teen, he danced salsa with his sister Sam all … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Critics boost “Oculus,” indifferent reviews for “Draft Day,” “Rio 2”, but “Rio” should make a mint
Ever since “Insidious,” April has been a benchmark month for smarter-than-genre ghost stories. And this year’s installment, “Oculus,” is earning the same sort of solid (not rapturous) reviews and should give horror fans a tiny taste of what they like. … Continue reading