Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Surviving the Norwegian Apocalypse -- "Cadaver (Kadaver)"
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Netflixable? Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey brace for a "Holidate"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: A streetball legend, "Blackjack: The Jackie Ryan Story"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: A fake priest, an Exorcism streaming show, a test from Satan -- "The Cleansing Hour"
- Movie Review: Does Stephen King's lawyer know about "The Luring?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 8, 2014
“Joe” is the movie that will make you remember how good Nicolas Cage once was and can be again. A Southern Gothic tale of alcohol, violence, sin and redemption, this David Gordon Green film gives Cage his finest showcase in … Continue reading
Quiet, cryptic and never less than creepy, “Under the Skin” is sci-fi that doesn’t do the work for you. There are no explanations. No character rattles off a paragraph or three of exposition and back story. There are no names. … Continue reading
A lot goes into making a popcorn movie what Roger Ebert called “an out of body experience.” The blockbusters may be bigger than ever, these days. Each new “Star Trek” or Marvel or DC Comics adaptation sets new standards for … Continue reading