Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Classic Film Review: "School for Scoundrels," (1960) -- Brit funnymen at their funniest
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: April 8, 2014
“Joe” is the movie that will make you remember how good Nicolas Cage once was and can be again. A Southern Gothic tale of alcohol, violence, sin and redemption, this David Gordon Green film gives Cage his finest showcase in … Continue reading
Quiet, cryptic and never less than creepy, “Under the Skin” is sci-fi that doesn’t do the work for you. There are no explanations. No character rattles off a paragraph or three of exposition and back story. There are no names. … Continue reading
A lot goes into making a popcorn movie what Roger Ebert called “an out of body experience.” The blockbusters may be bigger than ever, these days. Each new “Star Trek” or Marvel or DC Comics adaptation sets new standards for … Continue reading