Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 4, 2013
That darned Will Ferrell is showing up EVERYwhere to promote this movie. A sign of desperation? Hype in Overdrive? So I think I’ll track down Steve Carrell for an interview instead. This, the second trailer to the X-mas release, has … Continue reading
Memories of “The Deer Hunter” creep in long before the deer hunt in “Out of the Furnace.” Co-writer/director Scott Cooper’s ambitious, impressionistic and confused ode to steel belt machismo, code, family and revenge. Cooper’s follow-up to the Oscar-winning “Crazy Heart” … Continue reading