Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Damon, Affleck, Tucker Bateman and Davis cut a deal for "Air" Jordans
- Movie Review: Remembering a hot Disco Era record label, "Spinning Gold"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Netflixable? "Johnny," a tale of a righteous Polish priest and the petty crook he saved
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "A Good Person," a hit-and-miss star vehicle for Pugh and Freeman
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: December 4, 2013
Next Screening: “Anchor Man 2”
That darned Will Ferrell is showing up EVERYwhere to promote this movie. A sign of desperation? Hype in Overdrive? So I think I’ll track down Steve Carrell for an interview instead. This, the second trailer to the X-mas release, has … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening: “Anchor Man 2”
Movie Nation: “Out of the Furnace”
Memories of “The Deer Hunter” creep in long before the deer hunt in “Out of the Furnace.” Co-writer/director Scott Cooper’s ambitious, impressionistic and confused ode to steel belt machismo, code, family and revenge. Cooper’s follow-up to the Oscar-winning “Crazy Heart” … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Nation: “Out of the Furnace”
Movie Review: “Twice Born”
“Twice Born” is an old-fashioned war romance with all the sexing up and complications we expect in newer entries in this genre. Overlong, with stars who don’t have a lot of chemistry, but packed with third-act surprises, this Bosnian War … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Twice Born”