Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: "The Jesus Rolls," just not in a bowling alley
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Documentary Review: Rare titles are the Holy Grail to "The Booksellers"
- BOX OFFICE: Could "Invisible Man" make Moss "Bankable?"
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Movie Review: Moss is haunted, tested by "The Invisible Man"
- Movie Review: Teresa Palmer goes lightweight with "Ride Like a Girl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 3, 2013
He’s got a reputation for smart, insightful and bitingly funny films that push the boundaries of narrative (“Being John Malkovich,” “Adaptation” “Where the Wild Things Are”). And his new film, “Her,” is out there as well — the story of … Continue reading
For about 30 minutes, “The Last Days on Mars” hides its sci-fi antecedents well enough.The desert-scapes of Jordan make for a passable Red Planet, the production designed space suits, space habitats (rocket fuselages) and six-wheeled rovers are convincing enough.Then a … Continue reading
The first couple of cinema awards of “Awards Season” are the most irrelevant. So don’t read too much into The Gotham City centric “Gotham Awards” going for “Inside Llewyn Davis” as best picture. Over “12 Years a Slave” and “Gravity” … Continue reading