Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Navy Fliers test limits of "Devotion" over Korea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: When Peter Pan makes a promise, "The Lost Girls" wait for him
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 3, 2013
He’s got a reputation for smart, insightful and bitingly funny films that push the boundaries of narrative (“Being John Malkovich,” “Adaptation” “Where the Wild Things Are”). And his new film, “Her,” is out there as well — the story of … Continue reading
For about 30 minutes, “The Last Days on Mars” hides its sci-fi antecedents well enough.The desert-scapes of Jordan make for a passable Red Planet, the production designed space suits, space habitats (rocket fuselages) and six-wheeled rovers are convincing enough.Then a … Continue reading
The first couple of cinema awards of “Awards Season” are the most irrelevant. So don’t read too much into The Gotham City centric “Gotham Awards” going for “Inside Llewyn Davis” as best picture. Over “12 Years a Slave” and “Gravity” … Continue reading