Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Romania is home to "The Father Who Moves Mountains (Tata mută munții)"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? French cops bend the rules and pay the price getting their bust in "The Stronghold (BAC Nord)"
- Classic Film Review: Life under slavery laid bare in the Indie drama, "Sankofa," coming to Netflix
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: Here's how they Screwed Up "Papillon"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Movie Review: "Dear Evan Hansen" shows up in the Dead Letter Office
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 3, 2013
He’s got a reputation for smart, insightful and bitingly funny films that push the boundaries of narrative (“Being John Malkovich,” “Adaptation” “Where the Wild Things Are”). And his new film, “Her,” is out there as well — the story of … Continue reading
For about 30 minutes, “The Last Days on Mars” hides its sci-fi antecedents well enough.The desert-scapes of Jordan make for a passable Red Planet, the production designed space suits, space habitats (rocket fuselages) and six-wheeled rovers are convincing enough.Then a … Continue reading
The first couple of cinema awards of “Awards Season” are the most irrelevant. So don’t read too much into The Gotham City centric “Gotham Awards” going for “Inside Llewyn Davis” as best picture. Over “12 Years a Slave” and “Gravity” … Continue reading