Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Idris Elba shoots, and sings in "The Take"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? Millie Bobby Brown sleuths as "Enola Holmes"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? "The Paramedic (El practicante) " is no Angel of Mercy
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Movie Review: The horrors of taking a "Shortcut," coming to a drive-in near you
- For the last time, Idris Elba sings
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 3, 2013
He’s got a reputation for smart, insightful and bitingly funny films that push the boundaries of narrative (“Being John Malkovich,” “Adaptation” “Where the Wild Things Are”). And his new film, “Her,” is out there as well — the story of … Continue reading
For about 30 minutes, “The Last Days on Mars” hides its sci-fi antecedents well enough.The desert-scapes of Jordan make for a passable Red Planet, the production designed space suits, space habitats (rocket fuselages) and six-wheeled rovers are convincing enough.Then a … Continue reading
The first couple of cinema awards of “Awards Season” are the most irrelevant. So don’t read too much into The Gotham City centric “Gotham Awards” going for “Inside Llewyn Davis” as best picture. Over “12 Years a Slave” and “Gravity” … Continue reading