Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
- Marvin Lee Aday, aka Meat Loaf: 1947-2022, Rest in Power Chords, Big Guy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 10, 2013
Bilbo turns tougher and more cunning and “The Hobbit” turns altogether more entertaining in “The Desolation of Smaug,” Peter Jackson’s livelier, funnier and action-packed middle film in his trilogy based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s slight delight of a novel.It looks more … Continue reading
“The Matrix” siblings haven’t had an unqualified success in the years since — an embarrassing “Speed Racer” sell-out, and “Cloud Atlas” was an aesthetic and box office misfire. So they’ve hung their hopes on sci-fi resurrection on this story of … Continue reading