Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: Leisurely "Goodbye Honey" proves again that there's no such thing as a "slack" thriller
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 11, 2013
“Here Comes the Devil” is a case study in how to make your low-budget horror movie sellable.It barely has a fright in it on its own, this bloody, Mexican-made supernatural thriller set in the hill country near Tijuana.But open it … Continue reading
“The Butler” scored nominations for best picture (is IS an ensemble piece, and SAG loves to see members working), best actor and best supporting actress from the Screen Actor’s Guild today. “12 Years a Slave,” “Dallas Buyer’s Club,” “American Hustle” … Continue reading
Spike Jonze is reluctant to call his new film “Her”, a melancholy romance about a man who falls in love with a sentient, learning and loving operating system, “science fiction.” He doesn’t want to talk about technology and the modest … Continue reading
It’s a Hollywood legend that Walt Disney felt some sort of malevolent glee in killing Bambi’s mom, and what that animated death would do to the children who saw it. But that’s only a legend.P.L. Travers, the woman who wrote … Continue reading