Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Netflixable? "The Old Guard" brings a comic book franchise to Netflix
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Even "Desperados" shouldn't be this desperate for love
- Movie Review: A comet kills...selectively and "Only"
- Netflixable? "Lola Igna" knows what it's like to be old -- very old
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 11, 2013
“Here Comes the Devil” is a case study in how to make your low-budget horror movie sellable.It barely has a fright in it on its own, this bloody, Mexican-made supernatural thriller set in the hill country near Tijuana.But open it … Continue reading
“The Butler” scored nominations for best picture (is IS an ensemble piece, and SAG loves to see members working), best actor and best supporting actress from the Screen Actor’s Guild today. “12 Years a Slave,” “Dallas Buyer’s Club,” “American Hustle” … Continue reading
Spike Jonze is reluctant to call his new film “Her”, a melancholy romance about a man who falls in love with a sentient, learning and loving operating system, “science fiction.” He doesn’t want to talk about technology and the modest … Continue reading
It’s a Hollywood legend that Walt Disney felt some sort of malevolent glee in killing Bambi’s mom, and what that animated death would do to the children who saw it. But that’s only a legend.P.L. Travers, the woman who wrote … Continue reading