Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? Norwegians awaken a "Troll" -- and find out
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Netflixable? A New, Animated Musical -- "Scrooge: A Christmas Carol"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Fathers and Mothers struggle with the issues of "The Son"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 11, 2013
“Here Comes the Devil” is a case study in how to make your low-budget horror movie sellable.It barely has a fright in it on its own, this bloody, Mexican-made supernatural thriller set in the hill country near Tijuana.But open it … Continue reading
“The Butler” scored nominations for best picture (is IS an ensemble piece, and SAG loves to see members working), best actor and best supporting actress from the Screen Actor’s Guild today. “12 Years a Slave,” “Dallas Buyer’s Club,” “American Hustle” … Continue reading
Spike Jonze is reluctant to call his new film “Her”, a melancholy romance about a man who falls in love with a sentient, learning and loving operating system, “science fiction.” He doesn’t want to talk about technology and the modest … Continue reading
It’s a Hollywood legend that Walt Disney felt some sort of malevolent glee in killing Bambi’s mom, and what that animated death would do to the children who saw it. But that’s only a legend.P.L. Travers, the woman who wrote … Continue reading