Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: "The Jesus Rolls," just not in a bowling alley
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Documentary Review: Rare titles are the Holy Grail to "The Booksellers"
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Movie Review: Moss is haunted, tested by "The Invisible Man"
- BOX OFFICE: Could "Invisible Man" make Moss "Bankable?"
- Movie Review: Teresa Palmer goes lightweight with "Ride Like a Girl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 11, 2013
“Here Comes the Devil” is a case study in how to make your low-budget horror movie sellable.It barely has a fright in it on its own, this bloody, Mexican-made supernatural thriller set in the hill country near Tijuana.But open it … Continue reading
“The Butler” scored nominations for best picture (is IS an ensemble piece, and SAG loves to see members working), best actor and best supporting actress from the Screen Actor’s Guild today. “12 Years a Slave,” “Dallas Buyer’s Club,” “American Hustle” … Continue reading
Spike Jonze is reluctant to call his new film “Her”, a melancholy romance about a man who falls in love with a sentient, learning and loving operating system, “science fiction.” He doesn’t want to talk about technology and the modest … Continue reading
It’s a Hollywood legend that Walt Disney felt some sort of malevolent glee in killing Bambi’s mom, and what that animated death would do to the children who saw it. But that’s only a legend.P.L. Travers, the woman who wrote … Continue reading