Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review -- "Brahms: The Boy II" will lullaby you to sleep
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Documentary Review: Behind the fan con scenes, "Surviving SuperCon"
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Movie Review: "Sonic the Hedgehog," how bad can it be?
- Movie Review: Run and hide "Sunday Girl"
- Movie Review: A garbage man "on the spectrum" goes to "A Dark Place" hunting a murderer
- Movie Review: Call these "VFW" geezers "old" at your own risk, Millennials
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 23, 2013
“August: Osage County” travels from the stage to the screen with much of its theatricality intact. Too much. For all the scenic prairie panoramas and lived-in look of the big, rural Oklahoma house that is the setting, it still feels … Continue reading
Leonardo DiCaprio’s most charismatic performance ever anchors Martin Scorsese’s robust and raunchy lowlifes-of-high-finance comedy “The Wolf of Wall Street.” This is their greatest teaming, a veritable “Citizen Kane” of the post “Greed is good” era — three hours of cocaine … Continue reading
James Thurber‘s whimsical short story “The Secret Life of Walter Mitty” was about a bored, unassuming married man who escapes his humdrum life through wildly adventurous fantasies in which he becomes a war hero, a test pilot and the like. … Continue reading