Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? "The Royal Treatment," a haircut with dull scissors
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: "The Matrix Resurrections" should have remained buried
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 1, 2013
Bare-knuckle brawling, family, a disappearance and low enforcement’s powerlessness in Steel Country hang over “Out of the Furnace,” Scott Cooper’s follow-up to “Crazy Heart.” Oscar winners Christian Bale and Forest Whitaker are in support of Casey Affleck and Woody Harrelson … Continue reading
A huge holiday weekend at the box office for “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” and Disney’s latest non-Pixar cartoon. The princess musical “Frozen” will have cleared $92 million by end of business today (Sunday). “Hunger Games” cleaned up the rest … Continue reading
Paul Walker felt the need to remind us that, in between “Fast & Furious” movies, he didn’t have to play second banana to the likes of Vin Diesel. So sure, he did the occasional offbeat ensemble picture (“Pawn Shop Chronicles”). … Continue reading