Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
- Movie Review: Schizophrenic and "I Met a Girl"
- Netflixable? For the love of a woman, he makes "L'ascension (The Climb)" up Everest
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? A Japanese boy's best friend is his "Mother"
- Movie Review: Leisurely "Goodbye Honey" proves again that there's no such thing as a "slack" thriller
- Netflixable? Sad, scenic "Keeping the Bees" shows a Turkey we never see in the movies
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: December 1, 2013
Bare-knuckle brawling, family, a disappearance and low enforcement’s powerlessness in Steel Country hang over “Out of the Furnace,” Scott Cooper’s follow-up to “Crazy Heart.” Oscar winners Christian Bale and Forest Whitaker are in support of Casey Affleck and Woody Harrelson … Continue reading
A huge holiday weekend at the box office for “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire,” and Disney’s latest non-Pixar cartoon. The princess musical “Frozen” will have cleared $92 million by end of business today (Sunday). “Hunger Games” cleaned up the rest … Continue reading
Paul Walker felt the need to remind us that, in between “Fast & Furious” movies, he didn’t have to play second banana to the likes of Vin Diesel. So sure, he did the occasional offbeat ensemble picture (“Pawn Shop Chronicles”). … Continue reading