Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 25, 2022
The title of Simon Napier-Bell’s warm, incisive “George Michael: Portrait of an Artist” documentary is somewhat limiting. The film captures the rise of a pop icon and taps into his creative process and place within pop culture. But it also … Continue reading
A little slice-of-the-long-war in Ukraine satire from Film Movement, “Donbass” has a title everyone recognizes as a region the Russians covet and have been destabilizing and invading since 2014, calling it a “civil war” as they send “separatists” in to … Continue reading
“Wolves of War” is a straight-up WWII B-movie, leaning towards C. A semi-sensible “secret mission” thriller, it sends a bunch of British paratroopers — accompanied by a young scientist (Jackson Bews) — in search of a researcher who’s been living … Continue reading
This looks cute, in a bending the Church rules, swiping from the Catholic Church sort of way. Sept. 23?