Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? Bitter War widow warms, just a little, when she has to care for "Justine"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 17, 2022
The first-person narration of a killer patiently plotting his “perfect crime,” pitilessly committing it and then going mad by the pounding of “The Tell-Tale Heart” of his long-dead victim is the most sinister component of Edgar Allan Poe’s masterpiece. It’s … Continue reading
Several things stand out in Viola Davis’ just published memoir, “Finding Me.” She likes to eat, a product of a grueling food-deprived childhood. She’s never been afraid to work out, get in shape — or out of shape — for … Continue reading
There is nothing finer in the cinema than a simple, well-acted and well-crafted thriller. “Delia’s Gone” checks off all of those boxes in a brisk but methodical and unhurried mystery set in rural Ohio. Damn, it’s good. You know who’s … Continue reading
Dirty cops are misusing wiretaps and setting up people under surveillance. Dillon’s not one of them. Bruce is. Sept. 2
“A Song for Us” is an inane bordering on insipid Canadian melodrama without the drama. Its sole saving grace is the hippie nostalgia it wallows in, and the fact that I use “wallow” should tell you that’s praising with faint … Continue reading
Idris the Jinn. Or Genie. Tilda has…wishes. This is the year’s most intriguing fantasy title. Hey George Miller, you rebooted “Mad Max.” The world’s your oyster! What is your auteur heart’s desire project? “Make a Wish!” Looks quite mad.