Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 31, 2022
Women drive half of the story threads of the latest version of “The Lord of the Rings,” and that’s a definite broadening of perspective for the Amazon-created origin story “The Rings of Power.” But is it enough to answer that … Continue reading
A poor teen wants to break free of poverty via bio hop stardom. Sept. 23 on Paramount Plus.
It’s entirely-too-tempting to try and psychoanalyze the Perversity of Polanski when dipping into the cinema of the Franco-Polish filmmaker Roman Polanski. After all, we’re welcome to interpret his gory “Macbeth” as a reaction to the Manson Family’s murders of his … Continue reading
“Killer Whales” is “true crime” mockumentary about the making of a documentary whose aim it to find the killer of a “bad boy” artist from among the four likeliest suspects. It pokes fun at not just the genre, but the … Continue reading