Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Movie Review: "Hellraiser" finds its feminine side
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: The Witch oh the witch oh the witches are back -- "Hocus Pocus 2"
- Movie Review: Disaster at sea -- "VampyrZ on a Boat"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Next screening? "Lyle Lyle Crocodile"
- Movie Review: An Irish road comedy with a Corpse -- "The Last Right"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 8, 2022
A glum and faintly horrific bit of sci fi coming our way Sept. 30. Eddie Marsan is the one recognizable face I see here, with Raffiella Chapman as our 13 year old title heroine.
The dreamy sci-fi romance “We Are Living Things” might have been pitched as a “two people who have experienced UFO abductions” “the truth is out there” mystery. But the abductions depicted here are more mundane and down to Earth. The … Continue reading
I see from a quick search of posts here that I published the trailers to “The Informer,” another “undercover in the joint” thriller, but never got around to reviewing it during its brief theatrical run. Guessing that was because of … Continue reading
It just passed “Titanic” on the all time cinema blockbusters list, has been “the movie event” of the year, in terms of box office, and Disney and MGM are putting major releases out on streaming only. So why not a … Continue reading
Today’s Around the World with Netflix outing is a minimalist, just-nasty-enough burglary-gone-wrong tale from Kenya. “Nairobby,” the debut feature by writer-director Jennifer Gatero, is a “Reservoir Dogs” style no-budget heist picture in which there are no flashbacks to the actual … Continue reading
This Indonesian gangland thriller “Preman” has the most badass villain’s henchman ever. His name is Ramon. He speaks French, and refers to himself in the third person. “Ramon does not like cussing.” Ramon keeps scissors and other hair care accessories … Continue reading