Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: An Indian Village goes French New Wave, "Adieu, Godard"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Movie Review -- "The Witch: Part 2, The Other One" gives witches the "Underworld" treatment
- Movie Review: Kids find Superhero Dad's "Secret Headquarters"
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 4, 2022
Sept. 2. Beware of tiny mean girls.
A romantic comedy with “Wedding Season” as its title kind of gives away the game. There are going to be weddings — maybe “Wedding Crashers” weddings, perhaps “27 Dresses” weddings. Since it’s rated TV-PG and more Indian than Indian American, … Continue reading
The “In Bruges” team in front of and behind the camera, Ireland’s finest, take us into a very personal feud in an Ireland of the recent past. Funny, with a nasty edge, as you’d expect from the director of “Three … Continue reading
“Easter Sunday” is a sentimental, lighthearted star-vehicle built around Filipino American comic Jo Koy. With Koy playing a stand-up comic trying to mollify his Filipino-American (Catholic) family and cope with their foibles, it’s a cute, occasionally amusing, no-heavy-lifting-required peek into … Continue reading
“Wild Men” is a deliciously deadpan Scandinavian farce about the crisis in masculinity, skewering poseurs, shortcut-taking criminals and lazy, incompetent cops in a slow-walking pursuit thriller that really isn’t about the thrills. Every decision a man makes in it seems … Continue reading
Jackie Moore has the title role, and this bad girl is on VOD now.
Movie Preview: Thomas Jane, Emile Hirsch co star in a thriller about recently buried “treasure” — “Dig”
Hostages forced to tunnel into a demolition job, this one looks promising. Emile Hirsch with a drawl? Sept. 23.