Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? Bitter War widow warms, just a little, when she has to care for "Justine"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 11, 2022
I don’t recognize any actors in this low budget look at the early military age life of Edgar Allan Poe. Love the tone and the vibe it gives off. It’s on Shudder. I am headed there shortly.
Coming Sept. 2, to theaters and streaming.
“A ‘film,’” the old joke goes, “is a ‘movie’ we don’t quite understand.” And if you’re not a little confused when you’re watching a film by French avante garde/Nouvelle Vague (New Wave) director Jean-Luc Godard, you’re probably not getting it. … Continue reading
Stephen James, Travis Fimmel and Paul Walter Hauser also star in this convict in search of justice for his sister tale. August 19.
“Lie Hard” is a time-wasting “comedy” about a dope who lies himself into an “out of your league” girlfriend, who lies himself into a mansion to keep her, gets in Dutch with the mob to get the mansion and lies … Continue reading
On the sliding scale of “house party that turns to murder mystery” films, “Bodies Bodies Bodies” falls on the “Ready or Not” end of the spectrum, with “Knives Out” on the other. It’s glib, topical, jokey and bloody, and as … Continue reading
I reviewed this engaging and informative rocker doc about a ground breaking female band some months back, and how it’s time for the folks who use the Orange County Library System, South Trail Branch, to check this pre-Runaways ensemble out. … Continue reading