Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A Sequel to China's Sci-Fi/Disaster Blockbuster: "The Wandering Earth II"
- Movie Review: "80 for Brady," Comic Sudden Death
- Netflixable? A taut Norwegian WWII thriller recalls the battle for "Narvik: Hitler's First Defeat"
- Netflixable? "You People" throws funny people at a lot of funny, fly rom-com riffs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review: Why is Anthony Hopkins in "Where Are You?"
- Movie Review: A Surprise Oscar nomination comes with Controversy, "To Leslie"
- Movie Review: Low Camp in the High Andes, "Condor's Nest"
- Movie Review: A Spaceship Encounters "Deus," and Unholy Heck Breaks Loose
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 19, 2022
“From the Hood to the Holler” is about “west Side” Louisville state representative Charles Booker’s long shot campaign to unseat Kentucky’s all-powerful Mitch McConnell, “the man who broke the Senate,” back in 2020. Booker ran as an under-funded outsider, against … Continue reading
Who knows where a role playing fetish begins? Perhaps the whole “Dress up like a French maid” thing began with the swells who took the grand tour of Europe and brought back a taste for servants in short black uniforms. … Continue reading
A Vietnam drama with a head on it. Really happened? Looks “out there,” sobering and maybe funny. With great music. A September 30 release on Apple TV+.
A grisly indie murder mystery with darkly comic undertones. This one streams VOD next week.
The “true” story of a middle-aged woman who gets obsessed with finding England’s most infamous monarch as a sort of midlife/career-stalled crisis. Steve Coogan plays her quizzical, amused husband, and Harry Lloyd is the Ghost of “A horse, a HORSE, … Continue reading
A serious upgrade in “Dragon Ball” franchise animation runs up against the same overdoses of exposition, endless back story and arcane plot contrivances designed to pit characters against each other in epic throwdowns in “Dragon Ball Super: Super Hero.” Honestly, … Continue reading