Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- BOX OFFICE: Another "Wakanda" wipe out, "Strange World" Bombs
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Daughter's Mad for Madden, and saving Dad's NFL career in "Fantasy Football"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: Are Ryan, Will and Octavia "Spirited?"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 5, 2022
There’s a gloriously workmanlike quality to everything about Ron Howard’s fine film of the famous Tham Lunag cave rescue in Thailand, “Thirteen Lives.” It’s one of those real-life thrillers like Eastwood’s “Sully” or Howard’s own “Apollo 13,” a celebration of … Continue reading
“Buba” is a spinoff movie from a comic German TV series titled “How to Sell Drugs Online Fast,” which I’ve not seen. So when I say I kind of got into the film’s dark, masochistic comic vibe but found it … Continue reading
Jesus, I hate bad dialogue. Even in a torture porn C-movie, it grates. It’s not that one doesn’t notice the pitiless, pointless slaughter, the heartless cruelty and bad acting. Idiotic plot? Let’s throw that in, too. But bad lines badly-delivered? … Continue reading
“The Road” is one of the most evocative two word titles in all of cinema. It brings up memories of Fellini’s Italian road picture, “La Strada,” the romance of “Two for the Road,” the adaptation of Kerouac’s “On the Road,” … Continue reading
August 16, the hustle hits. Could be funny.
Movie Preview: A feminist musical story of hip hop in Islamic, French Speaking Morocco– “Casablanca Beats”
If hip hop breaks big among women in the Muslim world, look out. Look for this Kino Lorber release Sept. 16.