Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? Bitter War widow warms, just a little, when she has to care for "Justine"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 13, 2022
The ancient town of Nasielsk still sits just over 30 miles north of Warsaw, Poland, its population roughly the same that it’s been for over a hundred years — just over 7400. But a huge number of its citizens were … Continue reading
“Spin Me Round” is a screwy, slow-building cringe-comedy about a simple chain restaurant manager who gets more than she bargained for in a corporate training retreat in sunny Italy. It takes a while to get anywhere, but as we’re in … Continue reading
A lack of wide-appeal new contenders means that “Bullet Train” should run away with the top spot at the box office on its second weekend of release. Based on Friday’s numbers, it should manage $12-13 this weekend, clear the $50 … Continue reading
Book Review: Remembering a Bomb and trying to make sense of the guy who made it — “Cimino: The Deer Hunter, Heaven’s Gate and the Price of Vision”
Here’s a book that stopped me short when I saw it on the shelves. “Michael Cimino? Who even gives him a passing thought any more?” He’s remembered for making a Vietnam epic and then the quintessential, megalomaniacal Hollywood bomb, for … Continue reading