Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Ashley Benson and Shiloh Fernandez face off over "Private Property"
- Documentary Review: A ski resort disaster dissected -- "Buried: The 1982 Alpine Meadows Avalanche"
- That song Justin Long sings along to in "Barbarian?"
- Movie Review: A Dystopian Future whose hopes hang on a "Vesper"
- Movie Review: "Project Wolf Hunting" is a Slaughterhouse at Sea
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: A Farrelly Brother and Zac Efron set out on "The Greatest Beer Run Ever"
- Movie Review: A Psychopath's Origin Story -- "Pearl"
- Movie Review: Antonio Banderas classes up "The Enforcer"
- Netflixable? Bitter War widow warms, just a little, when she has to care for "Justine"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 22, 2022
Movie Review: Cleese and Kingsley, Reed and Rigg, Hoskins and Lumley in a 1998 debacle starring Chris Rea — “Parting Shots”
What’s this then? An “all-star romp” featuring Sir Ben Kingsley, John Cleese, Joanna Lumley and the late Bob Hoskins, Diana Rigg and Oliver Reed? Why’d it never earn a US release? And if not, how did Bobcat Goldthwait see it … Continue reading
Movie Preview: A Black and White “cryptozoologists with a Youtube Channel” “Creature Feature” — “Greywood’s Plot”
“Let’s go get famous.” Sept. 16.
Everything every movie theater on Earth has been doing to try and stave off “going dark” — the upselling of the experience, “reserved seating,” IMAX, RPX and other shake-the-seats sound gimmicks — was kicked right in the teeth by the … Continue reading
Good intentions run smack into self-indulgence in “MVP,” a slack, sentimental, cliche-and-stereotype-stuffed drama from activist, charitable foundation founder, Green Beret vet and actor Nate Boyer. Boyer directed, co-wrote and stars in this story of a homeless Marine who meets a … Continue reading