Top Posts & Pages
- Documentary Review: "No Safe Spaces" smirks through conservative "free speech" victimhood
- Netflixable? "An Affair to Die For" has a plot worth stealing
- Movie Review: This "Charlie's Angels" plays a different angle
- Movie Review: "Painted Woman"
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Movie Review: Old West prejudices Die Hard in the New West of "The Bygone"
- Netflixable? "The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch" isn't ale vos
- Netflixable? "Klaus" gets Netflix into the holiday animation business with style
- Netflixable? Worthington is "Fractured" when his wife and daughter go missing
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 26, 2016
This wasn’t a cinematic summer for the record books, or the memory banks. Desultory sequels (“Bourne”, “Independence Day”), raunchy comedies that didn’t quite get there (“Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates”) and their ilk dominated the season, in terms of … Continue reading
Weekend Movies: Great reviews for “Southside with You,” “Don’t Breathe,” mixed ones for “Hands of Stone”
The Obamas’ First Date, aka “Southside With You,” is earning the best reviews of this, the final weekend in August. A sweet, smart and talky long afternoon turning to dreamy Chicago night, it’s a first-date romance the way Hollywood used … Continue reading