Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Lovely-to-look-at-"Luca" is for tiny bambinos
- Classic Film Review: Young Frankenheimer's "The Young Savages" (1961)
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Movie Review: Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones" done on the cheap
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2016
Not a big weekend for any film rolling out of Hollywood this Aug. 19-21. Summer is essentially over, so Laika’s traditional mid-Aug.-late Sept. release (“ParaNorman,” for instance) underwhelmed, with its kid-audience back in school. Just over $12 million is a … Continue reading
This one opens Sept. 2, and stars Allison Pill as a comic book artist who conjures up a filmmaker (Gael Garcia Bernal) in a spec script, stumbles into some drugs and connects to the custom-made sex doll business. And then … Continue reading