Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Clint's still kickin', and ridin' -- "Cry Macho"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A campout turns its German bachelors into "Prey"
- Movie Review: Miss this Appalachian thriller and there'll be "The Devil to Pay"
- Movie Review -- "SAS: Red Notice," as bad as action films get
- Netflixable? Japanese "Romance Doll" is anything but "Inflatable"
- Movie Review: Dad's dead, and whatever killed him is causing his family "Woe"
- Netflixable? A "hot for teacher" thriller from Germany, "Black Island (Schwarze Insel)"
- Movie Review: Trapped, with escape the only "Antidote"
- Movie Review: An Orphan discovers what it means to be "The Devil's Child"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2016
Not a big weekend for any film rolling out of Hollywood this Aug. 19-21. Summer is essentially over, so Laika’s traditional mid-Aug.-late Sept. release (“ParaNorman,” for instance) underwhelmed, with its kid-audience back in school. Just over $12 million is a … Continue reading
This one opens Sept. 2, and stars Allison Pill as a comic book artist who conjures up a filmmaker (Gael Garcia Bernal) in a spec script, stumbles into some drugs and connects to the custom-made sex doll business. And then … Continue reading