Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A "Disappearance at Clifton Hill" leads to a lifelong obsession
- Movie Review: What might be out there in "The Vast of Night?"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Bingeworthy? Ill-conceived "Space Force" is a mission that should have been aborted
- Netflixable? Finding the girl "Perdida" (Lost) in Patagonia
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
- Netflixable? Survivalism's last stand hinges on "The Reliant"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 21, 2016
Not a big weekend for any film rolling out of Hollywood this Aug. 19-21. Summer is essentially over, so Laika’s traditional mid-Aug.-late Sept. release (“ParaNorman,” for instance) underwhelmed, with its kid-audience back in school. Just over $12 million is a … Continue reading
This one opens Sept. 2, and stars Allison Pill as a comic book artist who conjures up a filmmaker (Gael Garcia Bernal) in a spec script, stumbles into some drugs and connects to the custom-made sex doll business. And then … Continue reading