Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Lovely-to-look-at-"Luca" is for tiny bambinos
- Classic Film Review: Young Frankenheimer's "The Young Savages" (1961)
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Movie Review: Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones" done on the cheap
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Preview, Burglar interrupts suicide, "romance" ensues in "Breaking & Exiting"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 8, 2016
“Edge of Winter” enters my field of vision with a natural advantage. It’s my kind of story — gritty, woodsy, with a hint of survivalism about it. There’s still a vicarious thrill in experiencing wilderness through those trapped in a … Continue reading
When British theatre critic Michael Coveney first published “Maggie Smith: A Biography,” back in the mid-90s, he and she must have had every reason to believe he was summing up an acting life well-lived, and fully lived. But that was … Continue reading