Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review: An Alpine Peak Too Far, "Summit Fever"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: August 19, 2016
Weekend movies: “Ben Hur” beaten down, “War Dogs” neutered, “Kubo” conquers all
Had to happen. I mean, last weekend had “Florence Foster Jenkins,” “Anthropoid,” “Pete’s Dragon” and “Sausage Party” opening wide, “Hell or High Water” opening wider. And all were at least pretty good (“Pete’s Dragon”) and most were outstanding. So this … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Weekend movies: “Ben Hur” beaten down, “War Dogs” neutered, “Kubo” conquers all
Movie Review: “Ben-Hur” loses heart
It’s been a pretty good year for faith-based films, with “Risen” and “Miracles from Heaven” showing that Hollywood can get stories about Jesus and those who worship him right. The latest remake of “Ben-Hur” pretty much lets down the side, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Ben-Hur” loses heart