Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Turkish "My Father's Violin (Babamin Kemani)" tugs at the heartstrings
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Documentary Review: A fragile genius in his second prime -- "Brian Wilson: Long Promised Road"
- Netflixable? "Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman" is trash, and not the good kind
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Movie Review: Moping our way through "Elsewhere"
- Netflixable? "Curtiz" makes a hash out of filming "Casablanca"
- Netflixable? Faith-based dance romance "Faith, Hope & Love" misses a step or three
- Movie Preview: Silverstone, a Tsunami and Sharks? "The Requin"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 19, 2016
Had to happen. I mean, last weekend had “Florence Foster Jenkins,” “Anthropoid,” “Pete’s Dragon” and “Sausage Party” opening wide, “Hell or High Water” opening wider. And all were at least pretty good (“Pete’s Dragon”) and most were outstanding. So this … Continue reading