Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 31, 2016
It has an A-list cast of hot actors, an Oscar winner and a couple of Aussie acting icons. It’s an evocative period piece based on a best-selling novel, an era and an exotic setting beautifully captured and lavishly photographed. But … Continue reading
What the hell do we do with Jason Statham these days? Aside from putting him around water and making him strip off his shirt a few times, in between head-busting brawls and the like? He shows up for “Mechanic: Resurrection,” … Continue reading
The faith-based football bio-drama “Greater” fails on so many levels one scarcely knows where to begin. It’s an uninspiring “inspiring true story,” an emotionally barren trial of faith, a dry-eyed weeper in which we know the hero is living on … Continue reading