Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 12, 2016
So the plunge in “Suicide Squad” has begun. It set the August opening weekend record last Sunday night $135 million, but it was headed towards $144 at one time. And this weekend, with Thursday night late shows gone, it’s looking … Continue reading
It all goes back to the Wit and Wisdom of Spock — classic Spock. Whatever each and every one of us does to “stretch,” to “get out of our comfort zones,” there’s a lot to be said for … Continue reading
Oh, to be a defense contractor in a time long ago in a galaxy far, far away. To be a Lockheed Martin or Halliburton with some sort of Emperor/Imperial Senate “no bid contract” arrangement. Because all those rubes want is … Continue reading
The new trailer to this Christmas’s new “Star Wars Story,” “Rogue One,” gives us a tantalizing international (and Oscar winning) cast, with flickers of Forest Whitaker, Felicity Jones, Donnie Yen, Diego Luna and others. The tone is straight “Heart … Continue reading
Hirokazu Koreeda‘s “Our Little Sister” is a subtle, almost painfully slight character study about three young women whose opinions of their parents are enriched and polished when, after their wayward father dies, they take in a half-sister they never knew. Koreeda … Continue reading