Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Lovely-to-look-at-"Luca" is for tiny bambinos
- Classic Film Review: Young Frankenheimer's "The Young Savages" (1961)
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Movie Review: Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones" done on the cheap
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 12, 2016
So the plunge in “Suicide Squad” has begun. It set the August opening weekend record last Sunday night $135 million, but it was headed towards $144 at one time. And this weekend, with Thursday night late shows gone, it’s looking … Continue reading
It all goes back to the Wit and Wisdom of Spock — classic Spock. Whatever each and every one of us does to “stretch,” to “get out of our comfort zones,” there’s a lot to be said for … Continue reading
Oh, to be a defense contractor in a time long ago in a galaxy far, far away. To be a Lockheed Martin or Halliburton with some sort of Emperor/Imperial Senate “no bid contract” arrangement. Because all those rubes want is … Continue reading
The new trailer to this Christmas’s new “Star Wars Story,” “Rogue One,” gives us a tantalizing international (and Oscar winning) cast, with flickers of Forest Whitaker, Felicity Jones, Donnie Yen, Diego Luna and others. The tone is straight “Heart … Continue reading
Hirokazu Koreeda‘s “Our Little Sister” is a subtle, almost painfully slight character study about three young women whose opinions of their parents are enriched and polished when, after their wayward father dies, they take in a half-sister they never knew. Koreeda … Continue reading