Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Beast (La Belva)" is the Italian "Taken"
- Netflixable? Frights come via phone in the Korean thriller "The Call"
- Movie Review: A Deadly, Panicked Police Shooting, the definition of "Blindfire"
- Netflixable? A SWAT team goes wrong in the ruins of their Iraqi city, "Mosul"
- Netflixable? The downside of going Greek hits this "Frat Star"
- Bingeworthy? Danes face terror, and personal reckonings for it "When the Dust Settles"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Bruce Willis in his C-movie twilight, "Hard Kill"
- Netflixable? "Christmas Survival" or "Surviving Christmas with the Relatives," Brits bollix another holiday comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 23, 2016
Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling star in an LA romance from the folks who made “Whiplash, a movie utterly unlike “Whiplash.” Sumptuous.
Every shaker and mover in the world of Wall Street captured in “Equity” is wary, guarded, downright paranoid you might say. Each and every character has reason to be. Backs will be stabbed, and each knows this because in this … Continue reading
Pierce Brosnan has wizened from the days when he sipped martinis, “shaken, not stirred,” into roles as assorted well-heeled men who sip Scotch in their designer homes. Or private jets. It’s not that he’s out of the action hero game. … Continue reading
Yeah, it came too soon. Like his candidacy, his presidency, his premature Nobel Prize. But “Southside with You” is a lovely little Michelle and Barack first-date romance, a celebration of a symbolic presidency and a classy First Couple. This understated … Continue reading