Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: A horrific survey of obscure "Phobias"
- Movie Review: Lovely-to-look-at-"Luca" is for tiny bambinos
- Classic Film Review: Young Frankenheimer's "The Young Savages" (1961)
- Movie Review: Hell's in Kentucky thanks to "The Devil Below"
- Movie Review: "Dutch" is a gangland saga that's no treat
- Movie Review: Lovecraft's "The Deep Ones" done on the cheap
- Netflixable: If you cross Max, payback can be "Xtreme (Extremo)"
- Documentary Review: An "Unsolved Mystery" solved? "An Unknown Compelling Force" looks at the Dyatlov Pass Incident
- Movie Review: Strangers, thrown together -- "Getting to Know You"
- Netflixable? "Dancing Queens" is a Swedish drag
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: August 11, 2016
I won’t go so far as to call this the most disappointing summer for cinema in decades, but I think you could make the case for that. “Dismal”? Almost. “Desultory”? Most certainly. If you didn’t wet your nappies over “Captain … Continue reading
The animation sparkles and delights in its detail, caricatures and computer-generated colors and craft. The setting is novel and seriously silly — a supermarket, where the food and household items can only live their lives — out in the open, … Continue reading