Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: September 28, 2014
Box Office: “Equalizer” $35, “Boxtrolls” $17
As I have said several places and at several times, Laika’s animated offerings are, to a one — hard sells. Let’s hope so, because the very fine “Boxtrolls” will need a healthy month long run to overcome a weak ($17.2 … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Box Office: “Equalizer” $35, “Boxtrolls” $17
EXCLUSIVE: Edgar Ramirez talks about the secret to playing Latin hero Simon Bolivar
Reviews for “The Liberator,” or “Libertador,” the ambitious Latin American film that tries to tell the story of Simon Bolivar, the general and statesman often called the “George Washington of South America,” have been more respectful than enthusiastic. “The man … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on EXCLUSIVE: Edgar Ramirez talks about the secret to playing Latin hero Simon Bolivar