Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Wes Anderson visits 1968 France via "The French Dispatch"
- Netflixable? Amateur Polish sleuth wonders if she's "In for a Murder (W Jak Morderstwo)"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Movie Review: Canadian College kids discover the horrors of "Halloween Party"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 3, 2014
You’re seeing visions of ghosts. You’re hearing voices chanting in Latin. You’ve lost your mother and dad’s promptly taken up with the school nurse. And you suspect someone or something is killing students at this exclusive private girls’ school you’ve … Continue reading
“The Skeleton Twins” shows us an entirely new Bill Hader. Well, he’s played opposite Kristin Wiig before, on years of “Saturday Night Live.” And he’s played “gay” before — effeminate voice, mannerisms, etc. But “Twins” is a dramedy, which … Continue reading
A musical mashup of Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis biography and myth, “The Identical” plays like a failed faith-based “Inside Llewyn Davis.” And that’s the closest thing to a compliment it will get. Built around a too-tall Elvis impersonator, Blake … Continue reading