Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Documentary Review: "#AnneFrank -- Parallel Stories" on Netflix
- Netflixable? Nigerian "Last Flight to Abuja" covers the disaster pic checklist
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Streamable? Disney+ visits "Hamilton" on the stage
- RIP Ennio Morricone, master of the Spaghetti Western score
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Netflixable? "High Strung Free Dance"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 3, 2014
You’re seeing visions of ghosts. You’re hearing voices chanting in Latin. You’ve lost your mother and dad’s promptly taken up with the school nurse. And you suspect someone or something is killing students at this exclusive private girls’ school you’ve … Continue reading
“The Skeleton Twins” shows us an entirely new Bill Hader. Well, he’s played opposite Kristin Wiig before, on years of “Saturday Night Live.” And he’s played “gay” before — effeminate voice, mannerisms, etc. But “Twins” is a dramedy, which … Continue reading
A musical mashup of Elvis and Jerry Lee Lewis biography and myth, “The Identical” plays like a failed faith-based “Inside Llewyn Davis.” And that’s the closest thing to a compliment it will get. Built around a too-tall Elvis impersonator, Blake … Continue reading