Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: The mystery deepens "Every Time I Die"
- Movie Review: Moss is haunted, tested by "The Invisible Man"
- Netflixable? Another chess match to save the world, "The Coldest Game"
- Movie Review: "The Jesus Rolls," just not in a bowling alley
- Netflixable? Germans "Isi & Ossi" hunt for laughs on the way to romance
- Movie Review: A CGI dog hears "The Call of the Wild"
- Movie Review: "The Assistant" sees it all
- The song Jim Carrey does a wicked dance to in "Sonic the Hedgehog"
- Movie Review: Can a "Rag Doll" thrive in Mixed Martial Arts?
- Documentary Review: "Junkie Hunters" fight the drug scourge, one addict at a time, and the greedy Rehab Industry in "American Relapse"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 24, 2014
Somehow, the culture has twisted the hunt for happiness into a need to travel…the world. Maybe that’s just Hollywood shorthand, but every Walter Mitty seems to think that “the answer” lies in an effort to “Eat, Pray, Love” your way … Continue reading
There’s something about stop motion 3D animation — the not-quite-real textures of skin and hair, the quite real cloth and metal, the subtle gloomy lighting effects — that says “spooky.” All the best animated films with a hint of Halloween … Continue reading
“The Equalizer” serves up Denzel Washington at his coolest. Eyes weary with experience but still taking it all in, skull shaved to hide the advancing years, he still carries himself with that feline stride — the greatest, most masculine movie … Continue reading
“Good People” is the cinematic equivalent of a page turner, a thriller that leaves no thriller trope unused, no melodramatic stone unturned, no foreshadowing un-shadowed. Heck, it’s even got bad guys driving a Jaguar — just as the TV commercials … Continue reading