Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Karma comes for "The Machine," the shirtless funnyman who isn't
- Movie Review: "Spider-Man: Across the Spiderverse"
- Movie Review: Israeli melodrama "Broken Mirrors" takes guilt to its generational extremes
- Netflixable? "The Year I Started Masturbating"
- Memorial Day BOX OFFICE: "Mermaid" is "under the sea" and well into the Black -- $125 million+ 4-day weekend
- Netflixable? German teens cope with joking genitals -- "Hard Feelings"
- Movie Review -- Into the blurred murk of "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Netflixable? Rural Mexican kids come of age in the sentimental "Where the Tracks End"
- Documentary Review: More "Proof" of a UFO encounter that's nothing of the sort -- "Moment of Contact"
- Movie Review: What's the Deal with "Nefarious?"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: September 9, 2014
Movie Review: “The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Them”
Serenely melancholy but unfailingly melodramatic, “The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby” is a tone poem to love and loss that goes on too long and is more intent on creating a sad mood than with breaking your heart or bringing you … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby: Them”
Bill Hader talks about being a “Skeleton Twin.”
Regarding his new film, “The Skeleton Twins,” Bill Hader is the first to admit “I don’t get offered guys this serious or complex.” The 36 year-old Tulsa native has been known for comedy — pretty much exclusively — thanks … Continue reading
Posted in previews, profiles and movie news, Reviews Comments Off on Bill Hader talks about being a “Skeleton Twin.”
Next Screening: “The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby”
The US version of this romance is one film, not two, a love story told from two different points of view. But in festivals, in Europe, they got “Her” and “Him” versions of the tale. Jessica Chastain and James McAvoy … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Next Screening: “The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby”