Top Posts & Pages
- Concert Doc Review -- "Dave Chapelle: The Closer"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
- Movie Review: A Philippines serial killer hides in "Smaller and Smaller Circles" as priests close in
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? Dutch, Germans, Brits and Canadians live through "The Forgotten Battle"
- Movie Review: Wes Anderson visits 1968 France via "The French Dispatch"
- Netflixable? Amateur Polish sleuth wonders if she's "In for a Murder (W Jak Morderstwo)"
- Book Review: The "Real" Judy Greer speaks up in "I Don't Know What You Know Me From"
- Movie Review: "Settlers" face Human failings on a distant colony
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 15, 2014
“At my age,” Jane Fonda says, “it gets hard to find a role that’s fun and sexy and a little bit outrageous.” Which is exactly what she found in “This is Where I Leave You.” Playing the shares-too-much matriarch of … Continue reading
“No Good Deed” earned poor reviews and lacked the novelty of Beyonce co-starring, which had explained Idris Elba’s hit “Obsessed” a few years ago. But Idris and Tariji P. Henson and a lot of awful, graphic violence-against-women footage sold this … Continue reading