Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 22, 2021
Ridley Scott looked at all the sordid, unscrupulous and deadly goings-on that ended the Gucci family’s days of running the “House of Gucci” and saw a cartoon. Watching his take on a fashion empire’s downfall, or change-of-ownership, you can sometimes … Continue reading
This looks like another variation on one of the most remade plots of all time, “The Most Dangerous Game.” It’s not hunting human “game” for sport. But something in that ballpark. “Wild Game” stars Charlie Barnett, Matthew Daddario, Creed Garnick, … Continue reading
Netflixable? Catalan Kid Comes of Age in Crime in post-Franco Spain — “Outlaws (Las leyes de la frontera)”
Film fans got our first taste of what life was like in Spain after the death of the dictator Franco via the films of Pedro Almodovar, which captured an almost giddy liberation. The new Catalan thriller “Outlaws,” “Las leyes de … Continue reading
The holidays are built for binge-watching, with the big blocks of “down time” taking the form of working your tail off to cook, clean for and keep visiting family entertained. OK, you get to “Maid” your way, I (finally) get … Continue reading