Top Posts & Pages
- Of Cage and "Pig" and the "Northern Exposure" connection -- Adam Arkin
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Documentary Review: White Privilege and Immigrant hunger team up for soccer in "Hood River"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Netflixable? A critical piece of "erased" history -- "The Chickasaw Rancher"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 22, 2021
Ridley Scott looked at all the sordid, unscrupulous and deadly goings-on that ended the Gucci family’s days of running the “House of Gucci” and saw a cartoon. Watching his take on a fashion empire’s downfall, or change-of-ownership, you can sometimes … Continue reading
This looks like another variation on one of the most remade plots of all time, “The Most Dangerous Game.” It’s not hunting human “game” for sport. But something in that ballpark. “Wild Game” stars Charlie Barnett, Matthew Daddario, Creed Garnick, … Continue reading
Netflixable? Catalan Kid Comes of Age in Crime in post-Franco Spain — “Outlaws (Las leyes de la frontera)”
Film fans got our first taste of what life was like in Spain after the death of the dictator Franco via the films of Pedro Almodovar, which captured an almost giddy liberation. The new Catalan thriller “Outlaws,” “Las leyes de … Continue reading
The holidays are built for binge-watching, with the big blocks of “down time” taking the form of working your tail off to cook, clean for and keep visiting family entertained. OK, you get to “Maid” your way, I (finally) get … Continue reading