Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Netflixable? A critical piece of "erased" history -- "The Chickasaw Rancher"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
- Netflixable? Gay, back home in New Hampshire and "Single all the Way"
- Of Cage and "Pig" and the "Northern Exposure" connection -- Adam Arkin
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 25, 2021
Classic Film Review: A Forgotten Madcap Gem with Farley, Shelley, Sheldon, Hans and Elisha — “Behave Yourself!” (1951)
Boy, you think you know all the “madcap” Hollywood farces, and then something like 1951’s “Behave Yourself!” pops up, begging to differ. It’s got Farley Granger (“Strangers on a Train,” “Rope”), cast against type, Shelley Winters playing comedy and every … Continue reading
At last Netflix releases a family holiday movie worth watching this year. I was beginning to lose hope. “A Boy Called Christmas” continues the streamer’s run of good luck with tales that reset the Christmas myth, finding new origin stories … Continue reading
We tend to lump all of the musicals of Hollywood’s Golden Age into one warm memory. But of course there were lesser lights — forgotten gems — and big budget blunders, like “A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court.” A … Continue reading
A pull-out-all-the-cliches and throw in a few on-the-nose new ones script leaves Halle Berry’s directing debut, “Bruised,” a split decision. As a showcase for the fittest 55 year-old in the cinema, one who masters fight choreography and is (mostly) convincing … Continue reading