Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Book Review: Remembering a Bomb and trying to make sense of the guy who made it -- "Cimino: The Deer Hunter, Heaven's Gate and the Price of Vision"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriage? Get through that first Pandemic date, which lasts "7 Days"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- That weird Golden Oldie tucked into "The Gray Man" -- "Silver Bird"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 12, 2021
Today’s “Around the World with Netflix” outing is a gritty, suspenseful Brazilian drama about human trafficking and what the trafficked do at the end of that ugly road. Alexandre Moratto’s “7 Prisoners” takes us for a ride — the same … Continue reading
A sexy period piece (1924) with Oscar winners Olivia Colman and Colin Firth as the employers who are away leaving Odessa Young to carry on with Josh O’Connor. It’s based on a Graham Swift novel, and features one other Oscar … Continue reading
Say what you want, but I LIKE this version of Ellie Kemper. The ever-sweetly-smiling plucky ditz of “The Office” and “The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” goes kind of, well, bad-ass for “Home Sweet Home Alone.” And that’s fun because in this … Continue reading
Wherever film satire has traveled in the past half century, there’s something seriously retrograde in Rada Jude’s film festival darling “Bad Luck Banging or Loony Porn.” I wracked my memory banks while watching it, trying to summon up a film … Continue reading
In a film era when too many filmmakers figure computer animation is the only way to make “Clifford” come to life, when “101 Digital Dalmatians” seems cheaper, when the only way to get Harrison Ford cto work with a dog … Continue reading