Top Posts & Pages
- Of Cage and "Pig" and the "Northern Exposure" connection -- Adam Arkin
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? Brazil's "Just Short of Perfect" tries to transcend "shorty" jokes
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: The future's dystopian, but dull in "2149: The Aftermath"
- Documentary Review: White Privilege and Immigrant hunger team up for soccer in "Hood River"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
- Netflixable? A critical piece of "erased" history -- "The Chickasaw Rancher"
- Netflixable? "Swingers" in Spain? "More the Merrier (Donde Caben Dos)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 21, 2021
As Advent is now upon us — the original Catholic countdown to Christmas before America invented “Shopping Days” to keep better track — this is the perfect season to unleash a horror movie about an evil artifact attached to this … Continue reading
This is Latvia’s selection in the Best International Feature category at the Oscars It comes our way Dec. 17, via Film Movement.
Yes, the title “My Dad’s Christmas Date” gives away the movie. But who do you think of when you hear this line? “My Dad spends Monday nights in church.” How about NOT Jeremy Piven? The former Cusack sidekick and second … Continue reading
All most folks remember about Frank Capra’s next-to-last film is Frank Sinatra introducing “High Hopes” in it, sung in a duet with the cinema’s “other” 1950s redheaded little boy, Eddie Hodges. “High Hopes” won the best original song Oscar, and … Continue reading