Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Movie Review: Robbers are "Hunted" in this Brit thriller about class, privilege and "the most dangerous game"
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Workplace Ditzes in the Zoom Meeting era -- "Out of Office"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: November 28, 2021
BOX OFFICE: “Encanto” wins Thanksgiving but underwhelms “Ghostbusters” holds its own
The latest Disney cartoon opened with a pandemic dampened way under $30 million weekend, clearing just over $40 since Thursday. Those aren’t typical Disney toon numbers, and give away what a hard sell this script by committee, Lin Manuel Miranda … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on BOX OFFICE: “Encanto” wins Thanksgiving but underwhelms “Ghostbusters” holds its own
Movie Review: “Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City” misses by a Milla
Oh come on, not THIS crap again! You’d figure six “Resident Evil” movies would have been enough, a seriously-lowbrow but seriously successful video-game film franchise that helped Milla Jovovich put her kids through college and what not. But her character, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: “Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City” misses by a Milla