Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Book Review: Remembering a Bomb and trying to make sense of the guy who made it -- "Cimino: The Deer Hunter, Heaven's Gate and the Price of Vision"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriage? Get through that first Pandemic date, which lasts "7 Days"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 5, 2021
A bloody-minded B-movie of drug heists, prison, “cleaning up” and revenge, “Ida Red” is a straight-up B-movie with the some good performances and the odd good scene interrupted its funereal pacing and over-the-top violence. There’s an outlandish lawlessness in play … Continue reading
Whatever the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM)” has to say on the subject, the movies have long maintained that there’s a thin line between “loveable eccentric” and “mentally ill.” While we’ve (mostly) progressed beyond the “all the … Continue reading
Today’s “Around the World with Netflix” outing is a “true crime” police procedural about the hunt for a missing Italian teen, and the precedent-setting steps a dogged prosecutor took to find her, and then arrest her killer and bring him … Continue reading