Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Taiwanese mother considers whether to "Reclaim" the life she's given up for others
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Book Review: Remembering a Bomb and trying to make sense of the guy who made it -- "Cimino: The Deer Hunter, Heaven's Gate and the Price of Vision"
- Movie Review: Replacing your own septic? Plan on "Digging to Death"
- "Top Gun: Maverick" comes back to the biggest IMAX (and mini max) screens this weekend
- Movie Review: A blood feud, a buried "sister" and sacrificial hand binds "The Accursed"
- Movie Review: Arranged marriage? Get through that first Pandemic date, which lasts "7 Days"
- Netflixable? The Further Murder Investigations of "Pipa" detour into "Recurrence"
- Netflixable? "RRR," an Action Bromance that Pulls out all the Bollywood Stops
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 13, 2021
“Zero to Hero” is a heartwarming story of a paralympian, the obstacles he has to overcome and the mother behind him every tentative step, all the way to the finish line. This Around the World with Netflix offering is about … Continue reading
“Clifford the Big Red Dog” is showing on Paramount+ and is still heading towards a $20 million+ opening weekend. Not too shabby. Family fare is refunding its footing at the movies as families start to get kids vaccinated. Bad reviews … Continue reading
The debut feature from writer-director Bennet De Brabandere was titled “Cherrypicker” for a while and renamed “Ankle Biters” for release. But while he cleverly-retitled this story of a hockey goon who runs afoul of his girlfriend’s four 7-and-under daughters, he … Continue reading
Writer, wit and craftsman, science fiction icon and cultural iconoclast, Kurt Vonnegut‘s long and storied career saw him climb from penny-pinching obscurity to celebrity, wealth and fame, a novelist whose every book remains in print and whose pithiest remarks have … Continue reading