Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 19, 2021
Dec 17 on Hulu, kids.
This look at TV journalism and its fashion model “stars” “chasing ratings,” notoriety and riches looks pointed, scathing and funny. “France” opens Dec. 10 in LA and NYC.
There are moments — whole stretches even — in “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” where I thought, “If I was 10-12 years old, I’d love sitting through this.” The rest of the time I couldn’t imagine anyone OVER 10 wanting to. A sometimes … Continue reading
For his latest picture, Paul Thomas Anderson turns picaresque for an unconventional romance parked on Hollywood’s periphery, lightly dusted with glorious pieces of Hollywood lore. “Licorice Pizza,” like its title, flirts with being treacly sweet and serves up a teens’ … Continue reading