Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 2, 2021
Humanizing a demonized “coach” and father and mentor is a novel approach. This story of the obsessive stage dad who raised Venus and Serena to be world beaters at tennis comes to theaters Nov. 19.
Ok, maybe now’s not the best time to release a three-years-in-the-can action comedy about an indie film crew trapped in a fight to the death with murderous mobsters in a condemned and about-to-be-imploded building that the crew has no permission … Continue reading
An armed standoff, men at barricades shout and point semi-automatic weapons. Mohawk Indians scream profanities at Quebecoise, who scream back, spit and hurl rocks, all while smirking Canadian police stand by and do nothing. What in the name of Ryan … Continue reading
“Little Big Mouth” is a fizzy little romantic comedy — aimed at kids — about a problem-drinker guitarist falling for an ex-model single mom, and the efforts of her little boy and his problem-gambler grandad to put a stop to … Continue reading
Michael Caine was at the peak of his post-“Alfie” stardom when he took on one of the darkest anti-heroes of his career in “Get Carter,” a hardboiled 1971 “hunt down the blokes who killed me brother” thriller that launched the … Continue reading