Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Pierce Brosnan is Louis XIV with Kaya Scodelario as "The King's Daughter"
- Netflixable? "How I Fell in Love with a Gangster" gives a Polish twist to the Mob Boss Saga
- Netflixable? A charming story of a French girl and her wolf -- "Vicky and Her Mystery (Mystère)"
- Netflixable? "The House," a dark comedy of stop-motion animated horror in three acts
- Movie Review: Brit detective chases a serial killer in "Silent Hours"
- Netflixable? A down-and-dirty French farce with "Mommy Issues" -- "Dear Mother"
- Netflixable? A Dominatrix is dead? Alyssa Milano's on the case, and "Brazen" about it
- Documentary Review: "My Darling Vivian" knew how to "Walk the Line"
- Movie Review: Revenge is served up "Seaside"
- Documentary Review: Considering, remembering and dissecting the legend that was "Zappa"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: November 8, 2021
Movie Review: A Frenchman in New York, dismayed by “That Cold Dead Look in Your Eyes (Tex Yeux Mourants)”
One of the many metrics my web server provides at the end of every day’s readership is a list of the most common search phrases that bring first-timers to this site. One that stands out is the phrase X, Y … Continue reading
Muddled, murky and a little hard to follow, “The Accursed” is low budget horror with a Croatian-American twist. It’s got a grabber moment or two, a lot of characters and a lot of actors tripping from that vague, “Balkan” accented … Continue reading
That onslaught of toy store shoppers could be…zombies? This opens Thanksgiving, just in time for Black Friday.
This isn’t a good sign. The first Christmas movie of this year’s online holiday onslaught is rubbish wrapped in tinsel from Blighty. Is there a laugh in it? Feel free to check behind me, because if there was, I missed … Continue reading
“Clifford the Big Red Dog” is simple, a sometimes silly little nothing of a kids’ movie, lightweight and harmless and of no great consequence whatsover. But it’s got sight gags and giant dog slobber jokes, giant dog farts and giant … Continue reading
Marvel always has its next project ready to promote as its current film, “the worst reviewed MCU movie ever,” “Eternals,” makes its bow. “Morbius” is a Sony release from the Spider-Man/Venom side of “the business.” This Jared Leto vehicle — … Continue reading
This dysfunctional couple comedy is about children’s entertainers — singers in fluffy suits — who are over it and over each other. Until a little “magical” intervention from a would be manager changes things. Finished in 2015, not sure if … Continue reading