Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm," just as outrageous, not as funny
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: In Russia, just call these brutish bros "Three Comrades"
- Movie Review: A fake priest, an Exorcism streaming show, a test from Satan -- "The Cleansing Hour"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 20, 2018
They pulled out all the stops for the finale to the lightly-regarded “Maze Runner” trilogy, a young adult action series devolved on the “Hunger Games/Divergent/Mortal Instruments/Giver” model. The action beats, stunts and effects of “Maze Runner: The Death Cure” … Continue reading
New openings “12 Strong” — “Chickenhawk” producer Jerry Bruckheimer’s latest military outing, and “Den of Thieves,” a lower-budget cops vs robbers Gerard Butler thriller, are arriving in the $13-14 (“Thieves”) and $15 (“Strong”) range on their first weekends at the … Continue reading
Daniel Day Lewis announcing his retirement has overshadowed, somewhat, his “final” film for his “There Will Be Blood” collaborator, writer-director Paul Thomas Anderson. “Phantom Thread” is a dry, chilly and occasionally droll tale of unconventional love in 1950s … Continue reading