Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Power of the Dog" gives Campion a great cast and a grand canvas to paint upon
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Movie Review: A movie from a play, a family Thanksgiving slice-of-life, "The Humans"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 7, 2018
Box Office: “Jumanji” devours “Last Jedi,” “Insidious” over-performs, “Greatest Showman” closes in on $100 million
Early returns understated the beat-down “Jumanji” would deliver to “The Last Jedi” this weekend. Granted, everybody’s already seen the latest “Star Wars” movie. And nobody’s seeing it twice. But the final projected take for this weekend (actuals come Monday afternoon) … Continue reading
If you thought “Paddington” was as adorable as a kids’ movie about a talking bear could get, you were mistaken. “Paddington 2” sees your “adorable” and raises it with an “inutterably charming,” an Oscar winner and a couple of other … Continue reading
Catching a movie after its hype has peaked is always an exercise in “What’d others see in this?” “Mudbound,” far-removed from Sundance, “The Shape of Water” extracted from its fanboy fawnathon can feel empty, thin and lacking. Remove the … Continue reading