Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm," just as outrageous, not as funny
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: In Russia, just call these brutish bros "Three Comrades"
- Movie Review: A fake priest, an Exorcism streaming show, a test from Satan -- "The Cleansing Hour"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 7, 2018
Box Office: “Jumanji” devours “Last Jedi,” “Insidious” over-performs, “Greatest Showman” closes in on $100 million
Early returns understated the beat-down “Jumanji” would deliver to “The Last Jedi” this weekend. Granted, everybody’s already seen the latest “Star Wars” movie. And nobody’s seeing it twice. But the final projected take for this weekend (actuals come Monday afternoon) … Continue reading
If you thought “Paddington” was as adorable as a kids’ movie about a talking bear could get, you were mistaken. “Paddington 2” sees your “adorable” and raises it with an “inutterably charming,” an Oscar winner and a couple of other … Continue reading
Catching a movie after its hype has peaked is always an exercise in “What’d others see in this?” “Mudbound,” far-removed from Sundance, “The Shape of Water” extracted from its fanboy fawnathon can feel empty, thin and lacking. Remove the … Continue reading