Top Posts & Pages
- Movie Review: Getting over "Whelm," and in a hurry
- Movie Review: "The School of Magical Animals," Hogwarts-lite from Germany
- Netflixable? A Colombian Male Wish Fulfillment Fantasy -- "The Last Man on Earth"
- Documentary Review: "What the Hell Happened to Blood, Sweat & Tears?"
- Movie Review: Heche, Baldwin, Ulrich and Co. Chase a "Supercell"
- Movie Review: Bar-coded Pandemic Paranoia drops in on "Red River Road"
- Movie Review: "Delia's Gone," a Vengeance Thriller with a Twist
- Netflixable? A Cross-Cultural Rom-Com from "Faraway"
- Netflixable? Belgian "Noise" eats up your quiet time as you try to make sense of it
- Series Review: "Daisy Jones & the Six," Never quite "Almost Famous"
Find a Movie Review
Like Movie Nation on Facebook
Daily Archives: January 4, 2018
Writers Guild goes its own way, noms for “Molly’s Game,” “Mudbound,” “Get Out” and “The Big Sick”
The WGA Nominations can be expected to honor movies (and TV series, movies, etc.) that have a writerly quality — to the dialogue, intricate story structure, character construction. So while there are some glaring omissions, putting “Get Out,” “Lady Bird,” … Continue reading
Movie Review: Still unrepentant, still unyielding, still “I, Tonya”
It was hard to root for Tonya Harding back when the blue collar “redneck” skater was battling the petite princesses of figure skating in the late ’80s and early ’90s. She was more “girl next door” than her prettier contemporaries, … Continue reading
Posted in Reviews, previews, profiles and movie news Comments Off on Movie Review: Still unrepentant, still unyielding, still “I, Tonya”