Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Movie Review: Santa Claus vs. the Kidnappers -- "Violent Night"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Next Screening? Santa David Harbour faces down Johnny Legs? "Violent Night"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 26, 2018
Book Review: A dilettante’s guide to “Wayne and Ford: The Films, The Friendship and the Making of an American Hero”
‘ The last line of “True Grit” is, “Come see a fat old man some time,” as John Wayne jumps a fence and rides off into the sunset, one more time. It’s a piece of movie lore, well-known by any … Continue reading
Jerry Bruckheimer, Hollywood’s leading “chickenhawk” producer since the Ronald Reagan “Top Gun” era, starts his latest movie militaria with a quick history lesson. “12 Strong” is about Green Berets sent into Afghanistan to start the process of dismantling the … Continue reading
“Hostiles” is a funereal, downbeat Western conjured up by a filmmaker with only a passing acquaintance with the genre. Interminably slow of foot, filled with static, anachronistic and politically correct sermons performed in a whisper, with bloody-minded outbursts interrupting the … Continue reading