Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm," just as outrageous, not as funny
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Movie Review: In Russia, just call these brutish bros "Three Comrades"
- Movie Review: A fake priest, an Exorcism streaming show, a test from Satan -- "The Cleansing Hour"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 26, 2018
Book Review: A dilettante’s guide to “Wayne and Ford: The Films, The Friendship and the Making of an American Hero”
‘ The last line of “True Grit” is, “Come see a fat old man some time,” as John Wayne jumps a fence and rides off into the sunset, one more time. It’s a piece of movie lore, well-known by any … Continue reading
Jerry Bruckheimer, Hollywood’s leading “chickenhawk” producer since the Ronald Reagan “Top Gun” era, starts his latest movie militaria with a quick history lesson. “12 Strong” is about Green Berets sent into Afghanistan to start the process of dismantling the … Continue reading
“Hostiles” is a funereal, downbeat Western conjured up by a filmmaker with only a passing acquaintance with the genre. Interminably slow of foot, filled with static, anachronistic and politically correct sermons performed in a whisper, with bloody-minded outbursts interrupting the … Continue reading