Top Posts & Pages
- So, what's going on with Peter Pan's presence in "Chip 'n' Dale: Rescue Rangers?"
- Netflixable? Even sunny "Toscana" can't save this maudlin Danish Food-and-Daddy-Issues Romance
- Netflixable? In "F*ck Love Too" the Dutch master the art of making crappy sequels
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Movie Review: Lost Aussie Children in the Cane Country by "Sweet River"
- Movie Preview: Gerard Butler and Jaime Alexander in "Last Seen Alive"
- Netflixable? Turkish veterans take a troubling road trip -- "Godspeed (Yoluc Acik Olsun)"
- Netflixable? A Soapy Sex Triangle from India in shades of "Cobalt Blue"
- Netflixable? Laughs are hard to find in this Spanish "Perfect Family (La familia perfecta)"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 31, 2018
Mixed Martial Artist Ronda Rousey’s recently announced move to pro wrestling had to give Gina Carano pause. Rousey’s movie-star-pretty predecessor in the MMA spotlight may have made a splash in the movies with “Haywire,” and had her shot at playing … Continue reading
A strained marriage, a tipsy New Year’s Eve party and a deadly road accident are but the opening gambit of “Midnighters,” a just-taut-enough thriller about ordinary people faced with extraordinary dilemmas. It’s about secrets and betrayals, shifting loyalties and the … Continue reading
Long been a big fan of A24 Films, the best of the arty boutique film distributors (“Ex Machina,” “Lady Bird,” “The Florida Project,” “The Disaster Artist,” etc.). Here’s the trailer to their upcoming horror tale, “Hereditary,” starring Toni Collette and … Continue reading
There’s not much to say about the enervated romance “The Boy Downstairs,” except that literally every character and actor playing that character is more interesting than the leads. Every last one of them, down to the accented waiter at the … Continue reading