Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Power of the Dog" gives Campion a great cast and a grand canvas to paint upon
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Movie Review: A movie from a play, a family Thanksgiving slice-of-life, "The Humans"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? A critical piece of "erased" history -- "The Chickasaw Rancher"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 17, 2018
“Forever My Girl” is a Nicholas Sparks romance without Sparks or sparks, without the beach; a small-town, broken people finding each other, a genial, low-heat courtship and lots and lots of talk. It’s as slow as a July 4 … Continue reading
Preview: Van Sant’s latest is a True Piece of Portland History — “Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far on Foot”
Long before “Portlandia,” Gus Van Sant was the chronicler of quirky Hipsville’s underbelly, and his latest takes him back there for the true story of a quadreplegic/alcoholic cartoonist. Joaquin Phoenix plays John Callahan, drunk and trapped in a wheelchair, who … Continue reading