Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Noel Diary" barely breaks the Hallmark Holiday Formula
- Movie Review: Fraser shines in capturing a life beached and foundering -- "The Whale"
- Netflixable? A Polish cop turns undercover teacher with a two-fisted "Lesson Plan"
- Movie Review: Nivola is lost in his own head in "Weightless"
- Movie Review: Disney gets lost in the animated doldrums in "Strange World"
- Movie Review: A Child Grows up "Tethered" in the Woods
- Netflixable? A tragedy of WWII recreated, "The Bombardment (Skyggen i mit øje)"
- Documentary Review: Family says a Long Goodbye to Dad before his Assisted Suicide -- "Last Flight Home"
- Movie Review: Horses and Snow and Gunslingers So Slow -- "The Desperate Riders"
- Netflixable? "Glass Onion" finds the "Knives" still "Out," but duller
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 24, 2018
Razzies Nominate another “Fifty Shades,” Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Cruise and “Baywatch” as the year’s worst
The Golden Raspberry nominations for the worst in cinema of 2017 are out, and Darren Aronofsky’s “Mother!” is the surprise entrant. I mean, Tyler Perry, “Fifty Shades Darker” and “Baywatch” are just bad movie fish we can shoot in a … Continue reading
When you’re keeping to a movie a month schedule the way Nicolas Cage is, it’s a bit too much to expect every indie outing to be another “Mom and Dad” (January’s dark delight) or the current buzz of Sundance, “Mandy.” … Continue reading
Strangers, thrown together for a cross-country road trip is how a thousand romantic comedies got their start. In “American Folk,” they’re both singers, more compatible on the surface than most road comedy couples. Their genre? The vanishing strummed Americana of … Continue reading