Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? "The Power of the Dog" gives Campion a great cast and a grand canvas to paint upon
- Classic Film Review: Caron and kids treat Cary Grant as "Father Goose"
- Movie Review: Trashy, dull "For the Love of Money" lets singers take a shot at acting
- Movie Review: A murder unsolved, a romance tested -- "The Violent Heart"
- Movie Review: Joaquin Phoenix as baby-sitter, "C'mon C'mon"
- Movie Review: A movie from a play, a family Thanksgiving slice-of-life, "The Humans"
- Netflixable? French comedy "Spoiled Brats (Pourris gâtés)" doesn't "Teach them a lesson"
- Movie Review: Another student-teacher affair, this one "Before the Dawn"
- Netflixable? Sad to say, "Father Christmas Is Back"
- Netflixable? "Holly Star" tries to put the "cute" back in Christmas comedy
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 24, 2018
Razzies Nominate another “Fifty Shades,” Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Cruise and “Baywatch” as the year’s worst
The Golden Raspberry nominations for the worst in cinema of 2017 are out, and Darren Aronofsky’s “Mother!” is the surprise entrant. I mean, Tyler Perry, “Fifty Shades Darker” and “Baywatch” are just bad movie fish we can shoot in a … Continue reading
When you’re keeping to a movie a month schedule the way Nicolas Cage is, it’s a bit too much to expect every indie outing to be another “Mom and Dad” (January’s dark delight) or the current buzz of Sundance, “Mandy.” … Continue reading
Strangers, thrown together for a cross-country road trip is how a thousand romantic comedies got their start. In “American Folk,” they’re both singers, more compatible on the surface than most road comedy couples. Their genre? The vanishing strummed Americana of … Continue reading