Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Movie Review: "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm," just as outrageous, not as funny
- Movie Review: A grieving obsessive-compulsive falls under an Icelandic "Spell"
- Movie Review: Kathie Lee and Craig, together again, "Then Came You"
- Netflixable? "American Pie Presents: 'Girls' Rules"
- Documentary Review: "The Phenomenon" revisits UFOdom's Greatest Hits
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- The voice on that World Series TV ad for Joe Biden?
- The voice-over on Joe Biden's new ad is unmistakable -- Recognize it?
- Movie Review: In Russia, just call these brutish bros "Three Comrades"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: January 24, 2018
Razzies Nominate another “Fifty Shades,” Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Cruise and “Baywatch” as the year’s worst
The Golden Raspberry nominations for the worst in cinema of 2017 are out, and Darren Aronofsky’s “Mother!” is the surprise entrant. I mean, Tyler Perry, “Fifty Shades Darker” and “Baywatch” are just bad movie fish we can shoot in a … Continue reading
When you’re keeping to a movie a month schedule the way Nicolas Cage is, it’s a bit too much to expect every indie outing to be another “Mom and Dad” (January’s dark delight) or the current buzz of Sundance, “Mandy.” … Continue reading
Strangers, thrown together for a cross-country road trip is how a thousand romantic comedies got their start. In “American Folk,” they’re both singers, more compatible on the surface than most road comedy couples. Their genre? The vanishing strummed Americana of … Continue reading