Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? Is anybody home at "House of the Witch?"
- Documentary Review: Ten Years After high school, who remains "Most Likely to Succeed?"
- Netflixable? Filipino teen parents are "Ordinary People (Pamilya Ordinaryo)" on the streets of Manila
- Netflixable? A child's migration odyssey -- "Adu'"
- Movie Preview: Shia wears his Sunglasses at night as "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: A Rideshare Live-streaming Nightmare, "Spree"
- Movie Review: Another Ayer ride-along, this time with "The Tax Collector"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Netflixable: A combat thriller in drag, "Rogue Warfare"
- Netflixable? Over-achieving teen takes on "The F**k-It List"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 23, 2017
Over the decades, “queer cinema” has largely confined itself to three basic plots. There were dramas about about transgression, furtive love or lust, and persecution for “the love that dare not speak its name.” “Prick Up Your Ears” and most … Continue reading
The “excruciating” “Kingsman: The Golden Circle,” was on pace late Thursday and all through Friday to hit the $40 million mark on its opening weekend. If it doesn’t, blame word-of-mouth. Reviews aren’t killing it, but they’re not complimenting the tastes … Continue reading
In his seven decades as a movie and TV star, Harry Dean Stanton rarely had to carry a picture. Stanton, who died earlier this month at the ripe old age of 91, was a character actor — the consummate supporting … Continue reading