Top Posts & Pages
- Netflixable? The Hunt for a missing sister begins with "Sara's Notebook"
- Movie Review: The answers to a murder mystery lie "Beneath the Leaves"
- Movie Review: "En Brazos de un asesino" (In the Arms of an Assassin)
- Netflixable? "The Wrong Missy" tries to revive David Spade
- Movie Review: Time traveling to save Jesus, or shoot him? "Assassin 33 A.D."
- Movie Review: Let's head down the rabbit hole of "The Mandela Effect"
- Documentary Review: Netflix's "One of Us" exposes the horrors of escaping Hasidism
- Netflixable? "Pretty Little Stalker"
- Netflixable? "The Ruthless (Lo Spietato)" takes us inside the Milan Mafia
- Netflixable? Don't fall into the "Timetrap"
Find a Movie Review
Daily Archives: September 23, 2017
Over the decades, “queer cinema” has largely confined itself to three basic plots. There were dramas about about transgression, furtive love or lust, and persecution for “the love that dare not speak its name.” “Prick Up Your Ears” and most … Continue reading
The “excruciating” “Kingsman: The Golden Circle,” was on pace late Thursday and all through Friday to hit the $40 million mark on its opening weekend. If it doesn’t, blame word-of-mouth. Reviews aren’t killing it, but they’re not complimenting the tastes … Continue reading
In his seven decades as a movie and TV star, Harry Dean Stanton rarely had to carry a picture. Stanton, who died earlier this month at the ripe old age of 91, was a character actor — the consummate supporting … Continue reading